POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP : IRTC WIP Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC WIP
From: Tek
Date: 10 Apr 2010 14:44:05
Message: <4bc0c6f5@news.povray.org>
Some postcards from across the universe!

Obviously I don't have enough images yet, so I've duplicated some, but I
thought people might be interested in what I'm working on :)

BTW, I know this sounds like a newbie question but: has anyone got a nice
way to round or bevel the edges on those letters?

For my purposes it would suffice to have a mesh of a nicely rounded font,
but ideally i'd like an all-pov solution which could handle strings of text.
The only option I can think of is to intersect sheared version of the text
object to get a bevel... in fact that would work quite well! I'll do that if
nobody has a better solution!

Comments/criticism appreciated :)
--
Tek